At prompt’d, we love prompts :) The Guests’ Book, our wedding guest book, as well as the rest of our collaborative books for big life events, include a set of prompts we ask all the contributors to answer. People have lots to say, and sometimes they just need to be prompt’d. In order to get the most meaningful responses out of your guests, we have learned that four simple but meaningful questions are all that it takes to create a guest book you will want to read over and over again. The prompts we ask in the wedding guest book are as follows:
- What is your favorite shared memory with the bride and the groom?
- What one quality about the bride and groom do you cherish the most?
- What one piece of advice would you give the couple for a happy marriage?
- What one quote would you share with the couple that would be useful to them in their new adventure?
Last but not least, we ask the guests to submit their favorite photos of and with the couple. We love receiving those! Paired with fun and meaningful stories, those photos go all the way back to when the bride and groom were kids, some of which they haven’t seen in a while.
If you are creating your own guest book and wonder what to ask your guests, here are some additional ideas for wedding guest book prompts:
- What are your favorite date night ideas?
- What is one place we should travel to before having kids?
- What is your favorite song to slow dance to?
- What is the best way to show I love you?
- What one thing should we have in our house that would make our life better?
- What is your best parenting advice?
No matter which prompts you choose, keep it simple. Pick a handful of questions you’d enjoy reading responses to, and watch your wedding guest book fill up with stories you would have never known of if you hadn’t prompted your guests. Prompts elevate your already beautiful wedding guest book into a book you will proudly display on your coffee table.
We love working with couples on creating their personalized wedding guest book with prompts. If you are interested in working with us, check out The Guests' Book page or email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.