October is a big birthday month in the prompt’d family, so we decided to round up some of our favorite pieces of advice from the Birthday Books we have worked on this year. As you probably know, we prompt those near and dear to the birthday person and collect their stories, memories and advice. One of the prompts is as follows:
What one piece of unsolicited advice would you offer [insert name] for the next [xx] years?
Below are our favorite pieces of advice that can be applied to any person, any birthday.
In case you want to get a Birthday Book for someone in your life, we’d love to work with you. You know how to find us :)
- Don't put the trailer on your car drunk.
- Hide the college theme color alcohol.
- At the end of the day, we all want to look back on our lives like Frank Sinatra said in the song MY WAY- "Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention."
- Continue to be you! Continue to surround yourself with those that mean the most and cherish every moment.
- Keep going with the flow!
- Outlet malls are not that bad, just saying.
- Your potential is limitless. Go for it!
- What’s for you won’t pass you.
- Life is short so live it well and laugh a lot.
- Learn something new every day.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Place value on experiences over items.
- Soak up life!
- Just keep being yourself! You are awesome.
- Keep finding the joy in everything you do.
- Try to fit beans into your daily life.
- Always look for the silver living!
- Get rich slowly :)
- Be present. Everything goes so fast and you don't want to miss it.
- Diversify your stock portfolio.
- Keep going out of your way to help others do a bit better.
- Put your phone down more often.
- Follow your heart and have fun!
- Enjoy the time when your kids still think you're cool.
- It's never too late to start eating your veggies.
What is the best birthday advice you have ever received? Let us know!